Bordering South Africa, Botswana, Angola, Zambia, and the Atlantic Ocean, Namibia has had a rapid rise to fame amongst nature lovers and cultural enthusiasts as it’s reputation for conservation grows. Once a fledgling nation, Namibia has come to it’s own right as it strives to conserve the natural desert beauty and amazing variety of wildlife within the country. Famous wildlife reserves, such as Etosha National Park, all but guarantee amazing close up viewings of impressive wildlife, including the opportunity to see all of the “Big 5”. Additionally, Namibia has a variety of cultures, like the Namib and Herero tribes, that have kept to traditional ways and are usually very friendly towards outside visits. Lastly, this country features amazing desert landscapes and crystal clear skies that make every scene a great photographic opportunity.
The planned itinerary is as follows:
– Morning: You will be picked up from your hotel in Windhoek and will transfer to the edge of Etosha National Park.
– Afternoon: Check into your hotel on the Ongava Game Reserve and watch as wildlife approaches the nearby watering hole from the comfort of the reserve’s viewing platform. Later, take a sunset game drive for your first wildlife viewing opportunity.
– Evening: Short lecture on wildlife photography.
– Full day of game viewing within the Etosha National Park.
– Morning: Enjoy a final game drive in the Etosha area before we head out towards Damaraland.
– Afternoon: Arrive in Damaraland where wildlife has adapted for a harsh desert environment.
– Evening: Enjoy an evening around the campfire, and practice taking long exposure photos under the clear night sky.Day 4:
– Morning/Afternoon: Explore the area around, and visit local communities, where you will learn how the locals have become an important part of land conservation. Look for wildlife sightings as we drive around this harsh environment.
– Morning: Make our way to the UNESCO world heritage site of Twyfelfontein to view the ancient rock engravings and prehistoric rock paintings.
– Afternoon: Visit a Damara “Living Museum” and learn about the local Damara culture and history. Afterwards, enjoy a game drive and make your way to the hotel for a relaxing evening.
– Morning: Transfer to Swakopmund
– Afternoon/Evening: Enjoy a free day in the beach side city of Swakupmund
– Morning: Transfer to the Namib Desert.
– Optional afternoon horse ride through the desert.
– Morning: Travel to Sossusvlei to take photos of the incredible sand dunes at sunrise.
– Late Morning/Afternoon: Transfer to Windhoek and be dropped off at your chosen hotel (not included). Optional airport transfers available for the following day.