A city caught between two worlds, Asian and European, Istanbul offers a tale of it’s history around every corner. As you wander through the streets of Istanbul, your camera will come alive as you breathe in and immerse yourself in the richness of culture and history it offers. Wander through the narrow ways of the Grand Bazaar, the underground chambers of the Roman cisterns, and experience the majesty of the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Chat with friendly street vendors and enjoy a multitude of Turkish delights as you take in the incredible clash of cultures that has formed this city and given it it’s unique design. Take a trip across the Bosphorus to stand on Asia and look back as the sun sets behind Europe. As we journey through Istanbul, you’ll see and capture the best this city has to offer.
The planned itinerary is as follows:
– Arrive in Istanbul and check into your hotel within the Sultanahmet-Old City.
– Evening: Welcome dinner at the hotel with optional street photography lecture.
Day 2:- Morning/Afternoon: Walking tour of the Sultanahmet-Old City where you will visit the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and the Roman Cisterns amongst many other historical sites.
– Free evening to explore on your own.
– Morning/Afternoon: Take a trip to the Grand Bazaar where we will practice our photography in this lively market. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before we make our way out into the streets to hone our photography skills with a series of photo challenges.
– Evening: Take a ferry ride across the Bosphorus to see the sun set behind Europe (depending on weather). Make our way back across on another ferry ride and enjoy a night photography shooting session.
– Free day to enjoy photographing the city on your own. Optional (included) photo walks available upon request.
– Free morning to enjoy the city.
– Transfer to the airport for your departure
This trip can have an optional extension for further travel within Turkey. Please contact me for more details.