The cradle of Western Civilization awaits you to rediscover it’s secrets and culture. In this ancient land you’ll find that 3000 year old ruins are not only a part of history, but still a part of their culture and daily lives. From the classic sights of the Parthenon of the Acropolis to the Monasteries of Meteora, walking through history has never been so captivating. Not to be forgotten, though, the Greek Islands also lay claim to a significant portion of Greece’s culture and fame. The iconic Santorini draws in lovers of sun and sunsets to it’s moderate climate like moth’s to the flame. A drive around the island discovers amazing vistas and hundreds of corners to stop and relax while enjoying the island’s serene atmosphere.
The planned itinerary is as follows:
– Arrival in Athens. Transfer to Hotel. Free afternoon. In the evening we will have dinner together and a short lecture on architectural photography to prepare you for the next day’s sights.
– Morning: Start the day together as we explore some of Athens’ most famous sites, including the Acropolis, the Agora, and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
– Late Afternoon: We’ll take a trip to the Museum of the Acropolis, where you will learn about the founding and the findings of the Acropolis.
– Evening: Explore the small streets on your own and enjoy dinner at one of the many small restaurants in the area around the Acropolis.
– Morning: Wake up early for our departure to Meteora. Transfer to Meteora and check into hotel and lunch.
– Afternoon and Evening: Explore the monasteries of Meteora hiking or by car (depending on choice). Make our way to enjoy an amazing sunset vista before returning to the town for dinner.
– Morning and afternoon: Continue to discover Meteora with an expert guide who will explain the history of the area.
– Evening: Another chance for sunset photos in Meteora before dinner in the town.
– Morning and Afternoon: Head back to Athens for your flight to Santorini. Arrive in Santorini and begin to explore the island on your own, or just relax in your hotel.
– Sunset: Make your way out to Oia to enjoy one of Santorini’s spectacular sunsets, where I will help you achieve amazing sunset and twilight images.
– Morning and Afternoon: Day of exploring Santorini by car or Quad motorcycles. Travel to Thera and Pyrgos before we go to the top of the island for spectactular views.
– Evening: Make our way to the Santos Winery for a great sunset view with some spectacular wine tasting.
– Free day to explore the island on your own, relax in the pool, or embark on an optional excursion on the island.
– Alas, the time has come for the trip to end. Check out of the hotel and relax while you wait to transfer to the airport to begin your journey back home.